Outlook Mail Setup
Call Today! Canby: 503.266.8111, Mt. Angel: 503.845.2291
Microsoft Office Outlook
Setting up an Email Account for the First Time
This tutorial shows you how to set up your email account in Outlook 2010 but it will be similar for most versions of Microsoft Office Outlook.
Click on the arrows to progress through the tutorial. You click the image to see a larger version.
1. Open Microsoft Office Outlook.
3. Click on + Add Account.
4. Select Manually configure server settings... and click Next.
5. Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
6. Fill in Your Name, E-mail Address, and the following information:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming and Outgoing mail server: mail.mydirectlink.net
- User Name: your full email address
- Password: the password associated with your email account
Click More Settings
7. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
8. Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and make sure "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is checked. Click the Advanced tab.
9. Make sure the following settings are set to:
- Incoming Server (IMAP) port: 993
- Use SSL as type of encrypted connection
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) port: 587
- Use TLS as type of encrypted connection
10. Click Next on the "Add New Account" screen.
11. Outlook will test your account settings. Wait for this to finish and then click Close.
13. Now you will see your inbox and you are all set up!