Using the DVR
DVR (Digital Video Recorder) allows you to record programs digitally without the need for tapes or discs, as well as pause live TV.
General Guidelines About Recordings
Your DVR has 500 Gigabytes of hard drive storage. This will allow you to record up to 300 hours of standard definition programming or about 65 hours of high definition programming, or a combination of both. You can record one program while watching another at the same time. If you are recording two programs at the same time you can watch one of them, or watch one of your recorded programs from your DVR library.Here is some of the basic information for recording and accessing digial video recordings:
Click on the link below to show more info
- While watching a program, press Record . Recording will begin immediately.
- You can also start a quick record in Guide.
- Highlight a program you want to record using the Arrow Keys and press Record .
- You will see a red icon next to the program in the guide.
- If the program is currently on, recording will begin immediately. If the program comes on in the future, your system will record the program for you automatically. Your TV can even be turned off and recording will take place.
- If you choose to record a program that is part of a regular series, you will be offered the option to record the series. This allows you to record every episode of a favorite program.
- Step 1: Pick A Program: Find any episode of the series you want to record. Highlight the program listing and press OK.
- Step 2: Set The Recording Highlight and press OK.
- Step 3: Return To Guide Once you have set the series recording you will be returned to Guide. The program listing now shows an icon next to the program’s name . Every upcoming episode of the series will be recorded.
- Once you have created a recording, you can adjust exactly when the recording begins or ends to make sure nothing is missed in case the broadcaster’s time doesn’t match up with yours exactly.
- Step 1: Pick An Upcoming Recording Locate the program to be recorded. Highlight its listing and press OK.
- Step 2: Edit Recording From the options shown for this program, highlight and press OK.
- Step 3: Pad Start and End Times Use the Up and Down arrow keys to choose Start or End and press OK.
- Once you see arrowheads above and below the Start or End box, use the Up and Down arrow keys to adjust the Start time or End time.
- Start adjusts the amount of recording time added to the recording prior to when it’s scheduled to begin so that you don’t miss any of the beginning of the program.
- End adjusts the amount of recording time added to the recording after it is scheduled to end so you don’t miss any of the end of the program.
- Once you have adjusted the start and end time, highlight OK and press OK to save your changes.
- Once you have created a series recording, you can adjust which episodes of the series are recorded and which are skipped.
- Step 1: Pick A Series Recording Locate any program in the series to be recorded. Highlight its listing and press OK.
- Step 2: Edit Series Recording From the options shown for this program, highlight and press OK.
- Step 3: Adjust Series Recording Options Use the Up and Down arrow keys to choose any of the options and press OK.
- Once you see arrowheads above and below the options setting box, use the Up and Down arrow keys to adjust that setting.
- Channels determines whether the series is recorded when aired on the channel originally set to record, or record the series no matter what channel airs it.
- Preference determines whether to record the program when shown in standard definition or only when shown in high definition.
- Episodes determines whether to record re-runs and new episodes of the series or only new episodes.
- Start and End determines how much time to add at the start and end time of the recording so that none of the program is missed.
- Limit To determines how many episodes of the series are saved. If set to anything other than all, the system will delete the oldest recorded episode of the series once the limit is reached.
- Once you have adjusted the series settings, highlight OK and press OK to save your changes.
- You can cancel any event you have previously scheduled directly from Guide.
- Step 1: Pick The Program Highlight the program with the event you want to cancel and press OK.
- Step 2: Cancel the Event Highlight and press OK.
- Step 3: Return to Guide After you press OK, you will return to the Guide. The program listing will no longer display the event icon.
Whole Home DVR (Fiber Connection Only)
With Whole Home DVR all the Set Top Boxes in the household can record programs and view live or pre-recorded shows from any room in the house. You can also stop a recorded program in one room and continue watching in another.
This icon means that the recorded program can be viewed from any set top box in the house and will appear to the left of the program’s name.